Andre Poenitz wrote:
On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 07:54:23AM -0500, Bo Peng wrote:
On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 4:07 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Pol wrote:
I can make my patch work for rc2 if people will be thinking about
embedding.
I think that it is worth trying your patch, so that developers can get
early feedback about such big change. (the underlying design might change,
in time)
OTOH I think that 1.6 is no option for the inclusion of this feature, as
discussed.
My understanding is that even people in Berlin can not add any any
major feature to 1.6, right?

All bets are off when it comes to what happens at meetings. The usual
rules typically do not apply. It's something like the general assembly
of the project with the power to change the project's constitution.
If you are there, you will be heard, if not, then, perhaps, not ;-)

Surely that meeting is too late for 1.6....
The problem with embedding is that nobody else has thought about it
carefully so I will be happy if it will be discussed during the
meeting.

I guess there won't be much embedding discussion as long as neither
Richard nor you turn up. I'd also expect not much of a discussion if
exactly one of you turn up *hint, hint* And there might be some kind of
reconciliation if both off you are there...

I do wish I could make it, but Berlin is just too far from Massachusetts during the semester. That said, I don't intend to have anything more to do with embedding discussions. I've had rather enough of it. I'll leave it in the capable hands of the other developers. I only ask that whatever gets done not make spaghetti of the code.

Richard