On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Marko Vendelin wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Allan Rae wrote:
>
> > Can't you just make it that this menu can't be torn off?
>
> I think its not nice. I would even suggest that it will one of the most

Only an interim measure to stop the complaints about it not being updated
unless it's closed/reattached or whatever you do to a torn off menu.

> popular menus to tear off :(. However, even if I disable this feature then
> I will have to compose menus on the fly as it is done in XForms
> frontend and its not very easy to do it in Gnome. Anyway, new update
> mechanism is expected for the lists later which will allow to refresh the
> menus without a dedicated button.

Signals, signals everywhere.  We should be able to add a signal now with a
suitable conditional test to activate it but Lars' idea of getting
everything into insets and making insets activate a signal upon change is
a better approach in the longer term.  It also makes it easier to figure
out where to put the signal activations in the first place.

[...]
> > > Finally, is there any way to select Inset by keyboard only. I can move
> > > into math-mode or tabular or figure float by just moving around with arrow
> > > keys. However, if I move around Inset then all I can achieve is to have a
> > > cursor before or after inset. Wouldn't that be nice to have "selected"
> > > mode for insets where I can hit Enter to edit it?
> >
> > C-o  always used to open insets.  Perhaps the bindings are broken for this
> > also.
>
> C-o opens a new document now :( /* LyX 1.1.5 too */. Where I am supposed
> to position a cursor (before inset or after inset) to issue C-o ?

Maybe you use CUA bindings while I use xemacs bindings 'cos it works for
me.  (cursor in front of the inset)  I couldn't find an entry in the menu
bar in my quick search.

Allan. (ARRae)