On Thursday 16 October 2008 18:18:31 José Matos wrote:
> Hi,
>       the file attached shows a problem when converting an index from 1.5 to
> 1.6.
>
>       The problem is that the original index is: "\~\/ Operator" the problem
> is
> that the conversion to latex transforms the \~ as an accent into unicode
> character 0303 the tilde accent. Clearly this wrong in this context but I
> do not have a better suggestion other than to pass the whole string as ERT
> if the name has a slash (\).
>
>       Any comments here?

OK, it seems that I was wrong. The problem shows when trying to build sdcc
http://sdcc.sourceforge.net/

The manual is written in lyx, and the documentation is generated by a
makefile. LyX is used to generate the tex file and from there the file is
converted into pdf. The same procedure is used to create the html
documentation.

The problem is that this procedure fails for 1.6 generate tex files while it
works for 1.5.

Even weird is the fact that if the pdf is generated inside lyx it works while
it fails if the file is first exported to latex and then all the generation is
done outside... :-(
--
José Abílio