Hi all,
        [I am including in this message Sven and Rex because you/they are
packagers
of LyX for Debian and Fedora respectively.]

        I have already tagged LyX 1.6.0 in subversion and I would like to hold
the
release announce for a couple of days. I would like to have this as a head
start for packagers to be produce binary packages for their respective
systems, here I am including Mac and Windows in the bundle.

        This way we would have binary packages for the users to try when they
read
the announce. Larger projects follow this scheme and I would like to give it a
try this time.

        I intend to release the announce on Monday (15:00 UTC).

        Oh, BTW the source can be found at:
ftp://ftp.devel.lyx.org/pub/lyx/stable/lyx-1.6.0.tar.bz2
ftp://ftp.devel.lyx.org/pub/lyx/stable/lyx-1.6.0.tar.gz

        Best regards,
--
José Abílio