Bennett Helm wrote:
Thanks, Konrad. I've put the packaged version here:
http://edisk.fandm.edu/bennett.helm/LyX/LyX-1.6.0-Mac-Universal.dmg

Thanks Bennett.

One question about the installer (not sure how it is supposed to work):

To simulate a new installation from scratch (for a new user), I moved all old 1.6 - user directories as well as the 1.5 user directory out of the way.

The mac-installer then creates a new user-directory, with only the templates in there. The rest is put in place (the user directory being populated) at the first start of LyX.

Question:
In the user-directory, the examples-directory is empty. Is this how it is supposed to be, or should we give the examples the same treatment as the templates?

As it is know, it is difficult to know about / find e.g. the beamerlyxexample. The user has to dig into the Application bundle, which most of them won't even know that this is possible/exists.

But also this raises the question for me what distinguishes the examples from the "specialized manuals" and the default templates. But I vaguely remember there was a discussion about this not so long ago ...

/Konrad