On Sat, 17 May 2008, Rex C. Eastbourne wrote:

 I notice that the page above is now redirected to VisualTour, which is ok
 with me.

 As for the wiki page, it fills a different role. The web pages are the
 "official" pages, i.e. we should be ensure that they're accurate and of
 some reasonable quality. The wiki pages on the other hand are there to
 allow non-developers to contribute directly.

 So, I think we should keep the wiki page, and link to it from the official
 page.

 Finally, I think it's a neat idea to separate between "introductory"
 screencasts and "advanced" screencasts. If they're in two different pages,
 or just under different headings doesn't matter that much to me.

Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify, do you suggest that we (1) keep all the screencasts on the www page, (2) choose a few screencasts to display on lyx.org/VisualTour and link to the rest on the wiki page, or (3) that we put all the screencasts on the wiki page?

Hmmmm uhh.. no idea :-)

Here are my thoughts on screencasts.

- Screencasts are an important part of introducing people to LyX

I agree.

- We want to display introductory screencasts prominently, and ideally don't want to send surfers to a different/less polished site to view them

- We could potentially put finished screencasts on the VisualTour page, and have a page like http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/Screencasts-HowToCreateThem as a sandbox for anyone who wants to test out new screencasts.

I like that idea!

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-768 39 44            http://www.md.kth.se/~chr