Pavel Sanda wrote:
José Matos wrote:
The next step is to guarantee that the conversion is correct and that there are no data loss in the process.

it would be good to synchronize on this point once you start to work on it.
currently i'm aware of two other relatedr tasks running which coordination would
be good to not duplicate our work - one was my idea of some tool assuring
that 1.x -> 1.x+1 file format transition produce identical latex output,

This is certainly impossible. Consider e.g. the subfloat->subfigure transition in 1.5-->1.6. Of course, that's an exception to what we generally intend.

rh