We should not wait too long with 1.6.1, since 1.6.0 has introduced some major
issues (as expected). In general, I'd like to concentrate on ironing out the
critical and major bugs (quite some work has already been done) and make 1.6.1
a bugfix-release only.

Below a list of bugs that should be addressed. Furthermore, there are still a
number of unconfirmed critical bugs on bugzilla (mainly on Windows). It would
help if some windows user could try if they are reproducible and preferably
provide a backtrace (reproducible critical bugs should be targetted to 1.6.1).
Finally, I'm not sure I completely parsed all Berlin activity. So please let
me know if there are outstanding fixes that need to/could be backported.

5046   cri   shift select makes lyx assert when cursor follow scrollba...
5068   cri   Assertion when clicking on the title of the document
5504   cri   Hangs on large shift+up selection
4346   cri   Synchronizing insets asserts when two windows open
5389   cri   LyX crashes when reloading document on OS X
5514   cri   loading emergency save of master document can crash lyx
5539   cri   Freeze when not being able to open child document
5392   cri   Assertion in InsetMathGrid
5540   cri   Crash in MathAtom on Undo.

4464   maj   Missing autoscroll when selecting by mouse drag
5507   maj   Full screen hangs LyX when no file is opened
5489   maj   Language switch in the same line fails to output LaTeX
       => patch by Enrico available
5533   maj   Extended.lyx doesn't compile under Windows
       => probably a hyperref bug, but we might need to work around that

5238   nor   LyX 1.6 fails with non-ascii chars in path (on Windows)

Jürgen