Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
I've now a button in the Cross-Reference.. dialog saying "Choose...". After pressing this button you can scroll through the document and select the a label. When you hover your mouse over something that can be used (in this case labels) they will get a red border. After clicking a label, the cursor returns to the position where it was before clicking Choose.. and all you have to do now is press OK.

I cannot test right now, but I like this A LOT. It exactly follows (at least my) flow of thoughts when inserting a reference.

Still, Alt+I, R, Choose..., click, OK...

But no useless _searching_ anymore, a huge improvement, I am very happy about this! :)

Is there actually a need for the choose/stop button? Could LyX be in your Choose-Mode automatically and by default as soon as the dialog opens (and still, if one wants, use the dialog as usual)?

see picture attached (note the Choose... / Stop button in the cross-reference dialog)

Thinking about it: If one uses this 'Choose'-method, then all the other GUI-elements (except reftype) are superfluous. One could think about doing this then even without a dialog: An lfun point-and-click-reference-insert that activates your Choose-Mode, and on click (or double-click) on a label the reference is created and inserted.

Question (I do not have trunk right now):
What type of reference does the 'Copy as Reference'-function create?
Good question, it is always just a plain reference.

So one still has to go into the dialog to change this, but that's a single click after pasting.

(even though I would not mind a document preference for the default selection).
I think we should have a document default setting, especially for using the 'Copy as Reference'-function.

+1 (not just for this sake).

/Konrad