Thanks. I think at least there should be a 'skip' option for the eps files.
On Jan 17, 2009, at 10:22 PM, Konrad Hofbauer wrote:

Hello,

Anders Host-Madsen wrote:
> Thanks for your help. After getting a better understanding of LyX I now
> understand what is going on. The .eps files that LyX can render were
> generated by LyX itself (!), as follows: I converted the graphic from > .eps to .pdf, which I included in LyX. Then I exported the file as plain > LaTeX. By that LyX converted the .pdf back to .eps, and overwrote the
> original .eps file (so those identical .eps files in different
> directories were in fact different).

People sometimes have identical PDF and EPS versions of their images in the same folder, with, e.g., troublesome EPS files manually converted, or both versions directly exported from the source program.

If the PDF-version is included as image, it is impossible to export to latex(plain) without overwriting the existing EPS version with a new version (created by ghostscript). There is a warning at least, but still it means no export without data loss in the existing EPS file.

The warning dialogue only allows overwrite, overwrite all, and cancel export.

Should I file this as bug/enhancement request?

Thanks,
Konrad

Anders Host-Madsen
Associate Professor
Department of Electrical Engineering
University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96822
e-mail: mad...@spectra.eng.hawaii.edu
phone: (808) 956-2693 fax: (808) 956-3427
http://www.hostmadsen.com