Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
rgheck schreef:
This is the same issue as with InsetOptArg. It shouldn't be an inset. It's a layout feature.

Richard

That's why I would like to see this difference to disappear. Why is a note an Inset and the title an layout ? Why is a branch an inset and the abstract a layout ? Why do we have a lyxcode layout and a listings insets ? etc. Well, I maybe could answer myself here, but the difference is little. And now we want to have layouts with features and settings and insets that look like layouts (e.g. also charstyles etc.).

Once we have insets that can look like layouts, everything can switch to an inset, even paragraph. But that has been a vaporware idea for many years, a bit like XML :-)

PS. I do not want to start a "everything-is-an-inset flamewar"...

That's exactly what you are doing...

Abdel.