> I was hit myself by that bug, and I almost lost a very important document
> _completely_ (btw, in my case, no branch, but a box inset was involved).

I never doubt that this bug is a must fix, but it is also in LyX 1.6.1 and waiting two weeks doesn't improve anything. When this bug is fixed, LyX 1.6.3 can be released. There is no need to wait a certain time until new releases can be made. I remember that JMarc in the past also did this (e.g. LyX 1.3.6 -> 1.3.7). So why not releasing LyX 1.6.2 now and 1.6.3 in two weeks or whenever the bug is fixed? The release doesn't make anything worse but LyX in general much more stable. (I'm writing currently my thesis and LyX 1.6.1 is too unstable for that purpose, so I installed here on all PCs LyX 1.6.2svn.)

(I also raised this topic, because I'm a bit nerverd by user complaints "LyX crashes here and there" I then have to say, ah that is bug xxxx that we have already fixed but not yet released. "And when will you release?")

regards Uwe