Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
Note that if you put the call to LFUN_RECENTER/LFUN_SCREEN_SHOW_CURSOR before the first call to textMetrics(), the crash disappears in all cases. So it looks like a caching problem, initialization problem. That is also supported by the fact that I don't see this at Windows. How was it again, Windows initializes things to zero, where Linux doesn't.

Yes, I was thinking it might be something like that, but I don't know well enough how the metrics and drawing stuff works to investigate that sort of thing. Maybe I should learn. I'd really, really like to work on the "three box" thing, actually. So, if it's OK, once I get some time, I'll start peppering you with questions about this.

rh