Guenter Milde <mi...@users.berlios.de> writes:
>> - when deactivating a branch through context menu, the cursor jumps
>>   outside of this branch
>
> Is this because the branch-inset closes?

No, because the function is executed by the inset that contains the
cursor, so that the cursor is set there. This is a general behaviour,
but a bit delicate to change.

>> - we need a marker to indicate activity status of branches. I thought
>>   about using dingbats. Would that be portable enough?
>
> Could we use the "colour shading" that was invented for the
> change-tracking feature on the branch-inset label(s)?

Yes, but shade between what and what? I am open to suggestions, but the
dingbats I put is are a good indication IMO. Relying to color in an
interface is known to be bad (especially for the not-so-low number of
colorblind users).

>> - when selecting a branch, we should run 'inset-toggle assign' on the
>>   document to close relevant branches.
>
> ??

Currently, the branches reflect their new status, but inactive branches
do not get closed as they do when using the dialog. Should we try to do
that?

>> The first point is more difficult, of course.
>
> But it might get easier if let the solution for the second point
> supersede the "close branch insets when de-activating, open them when
> activating" behaviour.

Probably not.