Uwe Stöhr wrote:
If you pay for that, you'll get this. Just a joke, but I think that a portable LyX will not be possible as long as ImageMagick needs Ghostscript which needs some system DLLs. Other programs like Aspell might also not be portable. I'll nevertheless have a look when the new MiKTeX release is out.

The ImageMagick and Ghostscript included in my installers are portable, so this should not be a problem. I fixed this Ghostscript detection issue to allow for installation without administrator privileges.

Aspell currently uses a registry key to identify the data/dictionary locations (this can be in HKEY_CURRENT_USER). I could easily add support for an environment variable too.

Joost