On 2009-04-16, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
>> > Do we really assume the average LyX user did not see any LaTeX output
>> > yet?

>> To some extent, yes. I think a good phrasing would be a mix these
>> two possibilities, like "looks like nothing else (to somebody who has
>> never seen LaTeX output yet)" but with a better phrasing :)

> I mean, this is advertisement. I would just leave it as it is.

But this hype does compromise the creditability of LyX. I don't think we
should use such marketing speak without a grain of salt.

Something like

  its printed output - or richly cross-referenced PDF, just as readily
  produced - looks like nothing else (except for other documents typeset
  with TeX).

would not only be accurate, but also hint to the point that, unlike some
of the competition, LyX not only uses TeX fonts and conventions but the
true TeX engine for the typesetting.

Günter