Hi,

I think I now know how to give people write/commit permission to Subversion and Trac. Below is a list of the people I believe currently has write permission. If you're not in any of the list but feel you should, send me an email to

        christian.ridderstrom AT gmail.com

This email should contain your desired user name and password. Feel free to ask me to generate a good password, which I'll then email you. I think/hope you can have separate passwords for Subversion and Trac. I haven't tested that thought. Actually, none of this is really tested by me yet:-)

Note that unfortunately your password will be stored in plaintext when it comes to Subversion, so I would avoid using a password that you use elsewhere. The small program called 'pwgen' is quite convenient for generating good passwords that still are reasonably easy to remember. I recommed you use this to generate password.

Finally note that the users 'leuven' and 'poenitz' have just been created, but they need to give me their e-mail addresses so that I can send them their passwords.

Note to myself (which I'll place on the wiki):

To give Subversion write permission:

        sudo su - lyx           # Need permission as if the user 'lyx'

        # Give Subversion write permission by doing the following:
        emacs ~lyx/etc/passwd     # Add line per format: USER = PLAIN-PASSWORD

        # Create Trac account by doing the following:
        htpasswd -sb ~lyx/www/trac/.htpasswd USER PLAIN-PASSWORD

Note: The original text said something about the same password, I don't think this is necessary.

/Christian

Subversion access:
c...@lyx:~$ sudo cat ~lyx/etc/passwd
# LyX Developers with write access

[users]
chr = baum = dov = forenr = jamatos = joost = kornel = larsbj = lasgouttes = sanda = vfr = rgheck = spitz = switt = uwestoehr = younes = poenitz = leuven =

Trac users:
c...@lyx:~$ sudo cat ~lyx/www/trac/.htpasswd
larsbj:
chr:
dov:
forenr:
jamatos:
joost:
kornel:
lasgouttes:
sanda:
vfr:
rgheck:
spitz:
switt:
uwestoehr:
younes:
baum:
leuven:
poenitz:

--
Christian Ridderström                           Mobile: +46-70 687 39 44