Pavel Sanda wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Thinking more about it, this lyxserver and the work John has been doing can be re-used to define automatic test cases for all our features.

i'm interested how you imagine such kind of _useful_ script. to test that
we don't crash on ctrl+n is kind of useless (i mean that crash vs non crash
is too harsh distinction.)

For example we can test that a given sequence of LFUNs produces a lyx file that is identical to an archived lyx file on svn. So in my idea a test case would contain: * an optional lyx file input in case the test is about a mutating sequence (eg: LFUN_BRANCHES_RENAME)
* an output reference lyx file that contains the desired result.
* a python (or shell but ideally python) script for the LFUN sequence and the diff between the generated file and the reference one.

Abdel.