>>> I don't know, Andre started working on this but then he
>>> stopped.
>>
>> in my memory someone with win compiler started to scream
>> because of compilation problems, so he canceled the work.
>
> Vincent (?) only had msvc 2005 installed which doesn't
> support tr1.

I did scream indeed, but I had 'msvc 2008 express'. You need SP1 which wasn't
available for msvc 2008 express back then. However, we've had this same
discussion a few months ago and then I saw that SP1 was now available also for
the express version, so there weren't any complaints from me.

But then Enrico mentioned that that would break things on Solaris (?). And
again, Andre stopped. Don't know whether he cared about Solaris or for some
other reason.

Vincent