Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:
> While on the GUI side this distinction used to exist through the
> GuiView::currentWorkarea() vs GuiView::currentMainWorkArea() methods, on
> the model side (LFUN implementation, i.e., from inside LyXFunc.cpp),
> currently only the selected WA's buffer was visible, through the
> LyXView::buffer() method. With this patch, we can retrieve the main
> document buffer as well, through the LyXView::mainBuffer() method.

hmm, wouldnt be better to let buffer() for the document only and add
rather different function for lyx find usage (or buffer(with some params)) ?

we use buffer() on zillion places and i dont want even think what should happen
once they return search area buffer for subsequent processing...

> Hope now it's more clear.

yes thanks,
pavel