Hi all,

I just put in a request for an insert button on the outline view section. That
would incredibly speed and improve the ability to outline content within LyX.
In that request I put in a definition of exactly what Insert should do.

One addition to what I put would turn turn the outline view into a Mach-3
racer: If you could have an outlining mode so that, when in the outlining mode
keystrokes would operate only on that mode, it would be great.

For instance, when in the mode, shift uparrow could move the headline up,
shift-downarrow could move it down, tab could indent it further, and Shift-Tab
could exdent it. Up and down arrow can navigate thru the outline, and right
arrow can plunge into embedded headlines.

I suspect this isn't easy or you'd have done it already, but man, it would add
a new and powerful level of functionality to LyX.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US