On Thursday 27 August 2009 05:50:07 pm Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 27/08/2009 18:52, Stefano Franchi a écrit :
> > On Thursday 27 August 2009 11:27:17 am Vincent van Ravesteijn - TNW wrote:
> >> I think you might want to try a newer version of automake. Something
> >> like 1.10 would do.
> >>
> >> If that's the cause we should update our requirements (or revert
> >> something else), but 1.7.9 is approximately 6 years old.
> >
> > Thanks for the pointer. It turns out automake 1.10 causes problems in
> > Ubuntu, so it is not installed by default. The default is what I had,
> > 1.7.9. After installing 1.10, all problems disappeared and Lyx-trunk is
> > being compiled
>
> I suspect that the problem is using a very old automake with a very new
> autoconf (2.63) this is typically a bad idea.
>
> JMarc

This is already way over may head, I am afraid.

 I will just end my contribution to this thread by noting for future reference
that upgrading to my Kubuntu system (9.04, with KDE 4.3) to  "Automake"
(through synaptic, not source) allowed me to compile trunk without any
problems. The "Automake" package installs version 1.10.

Cheers,

S.

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy          Ph:  (979) 862-2211
Texas A&M University              Fax: (979) 845-0458
305B Bolton Hall                  fran...@philosophy.tamu.edu
College Station, TX 77843-4237