BH wrote:
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 12:19 PM, rgheck <rgh...@bobjweil.com> wrote:
There seems to be a lot of unhappiness about the autosave problem on Snow
Leopard. Is it worth some kind of emergency release of current branch for
that platform, or of 1.6.4 with the patch that allows disabling of autosave?

As Richard saw, I've sent private e-mail to some people on Snow
Leopard with a Mac binary of current svn to see if that provides a
workaround for this problem. Let's see what they report back.

And Bennett, I know nothing about Mac packaging. So: Is it possible to
detect if you are on Snow Leopard and if so install the package with
autosave turned off by default?

Presumably the answer is yes, but I don't know how, and don't have
time right now to investigate. Perhaps Konrad would know. Konrad?

I'm not on Snow yet.

If I understand correctly, this is something you would have to do in your installer, right?

Is the following what you are asking for?
hofba...@hofbauer-mbp [~]$ sw_vers
ProductName:    Mac OS X
ProductVersion: 10.5.8
BuildVersion:   9L30

HTH,
/Konrad

P.S. I'm not following lyx-devel anymore, so good to put me in CC where needed.