Enrico Forestieri wrote:
> > I remember that Jean-Marc opted for the renaming. Could it be that we
> > need to  split this method, if it's really used for pasting as well?
>
> It is also used for pasting, so the renaming was inappropriate, apparently.
> Indeed, it can lead to pitfalls, as in your case.

Well, maybe not: in the first place, the InsetMathHull method was not renamed,
but left as textString (which was then changed in r30538). Maybe this was
intentional (although, of course, the fact that textString was never called
was a bug).

> Yes, I really think that utf8 should be assumed for plaintext. We can't get
> a mish-mash of encodings for the simple reason that the encoding of an
> odocstream cannot be changed (only the encoding of a file stream can).
> We should simply rename tocString as textString, IMHO.

I'd like to hear some other voices before we proceed.

Jürgen