>> Of course, eLyXer is in the PATH. However, PATH is for executables,
>> i.e. it works if you simply call `elyxer` or `elyxer.py`.
>
> So, please replace "python -tt elyxer" with "elyxer"!

This has already be done, see my previous posts in this thread.

>> I must admit that I still don't understand why a python script like
>> elyxer cannot be run by calling Python.
>
> Of course it can be run by calling Python. However, it will not be searched
> along the PATH by Python.

Ah, this explains everything. On Windows the PATH is searched by any application, so you can nearly everything from there.

> This is why the recommended way to run it under Python is to install it
> in the Python Module Search Path and call it with "python -m elyxer".

That's what is already implemented. "python -tt elyxer" was formerly only used when it was not installed as Python module.

regards Uwe