#5754 caption inset not dissolved when unsetting longtable caption
I fail to see why this is a 'major' bug.

I would not rate it major either, but we can fix it nonetheless.
The relevant question is: how much work is that, and how safe is the fix?

I already fixed this. It's pretty safe as I only fire a few LFUNs. The only problem is that it's not a solution for all cases. If for instance there is a note and a caption in the caption row, then it might happen that the note is dissolved. I didn't go for the full solution because in my opinion we should prohibit anything else in the caption row than the caption. But this requires more logic to prohibit this and to prevent this from happening when making a row the caption row while there is already content on the row etc. etc.

Vincent