Tommaso Cucinotta schreef:
While traveling, I was thinking to a couple of unusual use-cases:

1) create a.lyx and b.lyx
2) let a.lyx include b.lyx
3) let b.lyx include a.lyx

I just tried, and we have segfault after 3) (infinite recursion in Buffer::masterBuffer() [1]). Probably such operation attempt should give up with an error to the user (but it may not be easy to identify an arbitrary "loop" in what is supposed to be a DAG, with documents that are not necessarily open).

Yes, that's a problem.

Second use-case:

Create two documents, say a.lyx and b.lyx, and let them *both* include c.lyx.
Now, open a.lyx, b.lyx and c.lyx.
Who's the master for c.lyx ? I tried through "View->Master", and it seems the master changes according to the last-loaded master. Also, when closing one of the two masters, its child is also closed

Yes, I addressed this issue a while ago, and I added a warning when the master is set for a second time. But well, I don't know how to fix it properly.

Vincent