Am 11.01.2010 13:18, schrieb Pavel Sanda:
hi,

while we are at ui flames... notebooks are becoming wider while height is
constant
or even smaller in some cases - saving vertical space is more important than
horizontal
one. i find myself constantly moving the solitary view/update toolbar somewhere
else...

what about moving it to vertical bar (i would even switch it off, but thats not
usual
case most probably). what do others think about it?

pavel

Hi Pavel,
I share you opinion.

Working with Linux / KDE now for years I switched the panel to the right side of my screen (which is exactly as you describe wider but not higher than teh last one).

I would be rather content to have the possibility to switch the Lyx menu and tool bars to the right.

Happy LyXing

Hellmut

--
Dr. Hellmut Weber         m...@hellmutweber.de
Degenfeldstraße 2         tel   +49-89-3081172