Am 19.01.2010 um 21:11 schrieb rgheck:

On 01/13/2010 01:36 PM, José Matos wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to start working on the goal of having lyx with an xml file
format.

While just beginning to think about xml, it occurred to me that probably
the first thing we have to do is modify the read and write routines so
that they write entities for &, <, and >, at which point we'll need
lyx2lyx to convert files, too.

You will also have to watch out for newlines and tabs - they are equivalent to spaces in XML. For example, you can't use double newline as paragraph separator in XML. After normalization
any sequence of whitespace is just another space.

So if a newline in the existing format has another meaning than general space, you have to map it
to some XML tag in the new format.

Also all chars < 32 are either forbidden or normalize to space.

/Andreas