By the way, does anyone have an idea why my self-compiled Qt-apps (even
qtconfig) look very shitty on my Ubuntu 9.10. The font is very ugly and
the general ui does not resemble anything like the other apps. If I run
qtconfig, I can't for example choose the same font as when running the
qtconfig installed by the package manager.

The qt version installed by the package manager works ok. Also, all apps
using this qt version look ok. Even at another pc, also Ubuntu 9.10,
also a git clone, and qt was compiled the same way, everything is ok.

It seems that my self compiled qt on this very laptop somehow doesn't
know how to use gtk and I can't find the difference with the other PC
where it does work.

Any idea someone ?

Vincent