John McCabe-Dansted wrote:

> The attached patch resolved the following tickets:
>   #6486 Citation not selected by default.
>   #6487 Add "file" and "url" links to Citation Dialog.

Thank you for #6486

I think the dialog would be simpler to use if it had a more classical look
like Endnote X2 insertion dialog :

see : http://www.edtechblog.org/2009/01/i-am-switching-from-ms-word-to-
apple-pages/

Quick search at the top

The list of references below

The formatted reference in a grey zone (and not in white)

The formatting options

I would suppress from LyX dialog the option enabling Search-as-you-type. For
me it seems that having it the defaut is what is expected

I'm also wondering what are the use case of a regular expression search or a
case search. If I cite something when writing, either I remember the name of
the author or a word in the title or maybe the name of the journal.

But finding a bibliographical reference with a regular expression, I must
not be geek enough ;-)

Cheers,
Charles