>> Moreover, it would be nice if one can set the GNUWIN32_DIR variable
>> within the user interface of Cmake. This is now not possible. Only the
>> GNUWIN32_DIR_tmp variable is visible in the gui.
>
>I've committed a patch. Should work now.

Thanks.

Next chance for improvement: The iconv.dll is not found automatically while it
is in my dependency directory. Strangely the ICONV_DLL_HELP variable is found:

ICONV_DLL               ICONV_DLL-NOTFOUND
ICONV_DLL_HELP  D:/.../lyx-devel-deps/bin/iconv.dll
ICONV_INCLUDE_DIR       D:/.../lyx-devel-deps/include
ICONV_LIBRARY   D:/.../lyx-devel-deps/lib/iconv.lib

The Cmake error message is:

Cmake Error at modules/FindICONV.cmake:65(message):
  exit cmake
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:454 (find_package)

I don't understand what this ICONV_DLL_HELP is about (why do we search for
iconv.dll twice, once with no default path and once with one) and why the
following if is in the FindICONV.cmake file:

if(NOT ICONV_DLL AND ICONV_DLL_HELP)
    exit
end

Vincent