On 04/01/2010 05:32 PM, rgheck wrote:
On 04/01/2010 04:41 AM, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
On 03/31/2010 05:53 PM, Liviu Andronic wrote:
Dear LyX developers
Would it be a good idea to allow users to edit ERT insets with an
external editor? [snip]

It is a good idea but it sounds a bit complicated to implement for the communication of the child process; but it doable.

Another good option would be to use QScintilla:

  http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/qscintilla/intro

Couldn't we do this internally, fairly easily? We already have LaTeX highlighting in the preamble.

Sure, we can and that would already be a very good first step. But only we can only highlight LaTeX.

Abdel.