On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, Dekel Tsur wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 09:47:05AM +0200, Baruch Even wrote:
> > On the same note, the current language changing done in LyX is to toggle
> > the chosen language from the bind to english. The problem is when I have
> > several languages at once for example a spanish/hebrew/english document,
> > It will probably require two bindings to write comfortably, maybe it will
> > be possible to use a method like windows uses where there is a list of
> > supported languages and a key binding to rotate them, it also features a
> > small reminder on screen to show the current language, pressing on it
> > allows you to quickly change to another language from the smaller set that
> > you want.
>
> So you want to have a support for
> 'bind F12 "language spanish,hebrew,english"' ?
>
> Isn't it better to use two/three keys ? ('bind F12 "language spanish"' and
> 'bind F11 "language hebrew"' and perhaps 'bind F10 "language english"')

It won't scale, this is a solution when you use 2 even 3 languages, what
if you need to use more?

This is not something all too important, but it should be considered. I
have no reason to believe that there are many that need this feature but
it might be better than the current solution for those who need it.

--
  Baruch Even

http://techst02.technion.ac.il/~sbaruch/   (My Site)
http://www.redrival.com/jindor/            (My brothers AD&D site)

" Learn to laugh ... it's the path to true love! "
   - The Angel in the movie Michael