On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 02:24:56PM +0200, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 14 Juli 2010 schrieb Enrico Forestieri:

> > > Don't understand. The _user_ directory is "~/.lyx" without setting
> > > environmate variables.
> >
> > That's wrong. On posix systems, the user directory is ~/.PACKAGE, where
> > PACKAGE=lyx if you don't use --with-version-suffix at configure time,
> > otherwise the suffix is appended to the string "lyx". Moreover, PACKAGE
> > also sets the text domain for translations, such that you can have
> > different translation files for different suffixes.
>
> This makes me nervous. I do not compile with version suffix (on cmake!, since
>  --with-version-suffix is with automake only). The created package here
> names itself lyx16 (I see it with dpkg on ubunto and with rpm on SuSE).
> Nonetheless the user directory is "~/.lyx". I got _no_ directory named .lyx16
> or lyx16
> after changing preferences.

So, it seems that cmake doesn't follow the LyX conventions even on posix
systems (let alone on Windows). You should be able to *specify* a version
suffix other than accepting a default one.
When you use --with-version-suffix=-1.6, PACKAGE should be set to lyx-1.6,
such that the user dir is ~/.lyx-1.6 and the translation files are named
lyx-1.6.mo.

> I _have_ different translations for lyx (trunk) and lyx16 (branch)

So, your translations are named lyx.mo (trunk) and lyx16.mo (branch),
but the user dir is always ~/.lyx ???

> So please tell me where I understand wrong.

I don't know what cmake does, but something is wrong, apparently.

--
Enrico