Am 21.07.2010 um 02:10 schrieb BH:

> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> After short tests on Leopard I've placed LyX-2.0.0alpha5+qt4.dmg in my home
>> directory at aussie.lyx.org.
>>
>> I've build it with MacOSX10.5 SDK, Qt4.6.3, aspell, hunspell and native
>> spell checker support.
>> The thesaurus files are included in package.
>>
>> The most exciting question is if it runs on Tiger too.
>
> Works just fine for me on 10.6. (I can't test 10.4.) Thesaurus and
> speller are nice to have included. Congratulations!

Thanks. After Pavel's announcement of alpha5 I'll ask for a test system on
users list.

> Have you given any thought to whether to use the installer (for moving
> the user's directory from LyX-1.6 to LyX-2.0 and installing LyX's .sty
> and .cls files) or whether to make it obsolete by checking
> automatically when LyX.app is launched?

I'd like to try the 2nd approach and to avoid the installer. Now, the native
spell checker is available, the installer has lost the task of dictionary
installation. I have to become familiar with the installer tasks first.

Stephan