Am Montag, den 19.07.2010, 07:08 +0200 schrieb Kornel Benko:

> > Where can I find explanations of these new options? At least
> > LYX_CPACK, LYX_INSTALL, and LYX_NLS are opaque to me.
> >
> > BH
>
> This is all in flux now. Some very short explanations can be seen with
>       "make edit_cache"
> from the build directory.
> 1.) Check the "Grouped view"
> 2.) Klick on LYX
> 3.) Go with the pointer above the option-value. A second later you should see
> the (short) explanation text near the pointer.

With LYX_CPACK installable packages could be generated (.deb, .rpm)

LYX_INSTALL enables all features needed for a complete LyX installation,
optional features are disabled (aspell, aiksaurus).

LYX_NLS enables "Native Language Support".
Originally the option name were similar to configure's (--disable-nls),
therefore the naming nls.

Only when LYX_NLS is enabled we use gettext, we even require it (don't
know what automake does). So wouldn't LYX_TRANSLATIONS be e better name?

Peter