On 29. juli 2010 20:58, Alberto Malagoli wrote:
Hi all,
    I'd like to share with you some ideas about Lyx user interface, and
how can be improved...
I made a presentation with the explanation of my thoughts, you can find
it here:

https://docs.google.com/present/view?id=dckbsjn9_41f57jwcdh

I also attached the user interface files I made with Qt Designer, so you
can see it and try it in real time :)

Let me know what do you think about, and don't hesitate with criticism!

As you say yourself - dock widgets waste a lot of space. That is a problem. My work PC has a big screen and an extra monitor. But my
"travel PC" has a tiny 8" screen. Current LyX is fine with that, but I
have no room for any extra toolbars. And definitely not something
docked on the side.

It is nice having a LyX that works well on small screens. And of course, on big screen computers I don't wan't LyX to take up all the room either. It is nice having room for a web browser or an extra LyX, without overlap.

Helge Hafting