On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 9:21 PM, Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've prepared the following patch to demonstrate the way to speed up the
> native spell checker on mac. In case of spell error it is as slow as the
> original version. I'd like to improve that next...

Please don't introduce Row.h dependency into Paragraph. The first is about
screen and the second about contents.
Just make a new Paragraph::spellCheckRange(ps_type from, pos_type to)

And I agree with JMarc that this method is too complicated and should just
extract as many characters as possible until it comes accross an inset or a
language change. Or maybe you could just use Paragraph::asString() or
something.

Abdel.