On Sep 17, 2010, at 3:53 AM, Pavel Sanda wrote:

> Stephan Witt wrote:
>
> ... its little bit hard to follow the thread when people dont kill the unused
> top lines....
>
>>> There is now a new checkbox in frontend/qt/ui/PrefInput.ui which determines
>>> the role of Control and Apple keys, but this new UI element will appear for
>>> all versions of Qt and all platforms, even though it has an effect only
>>> with Qt >= 4.6 (in the other files, my changes are only applied when the
>>> right OS and version is detected). In order to make this checkbox disappear
>>> when it's not needed, what is the best approach? Is there a Qt or LyX
>>> directive for conditional UI elements that I could use in PrefInput.ui
>>> (similar to compiler directives as in my previous post)? My guess is that
>>> the answer is no.
>>
>> I don't know, but I would look for a function to hide the UI element
>> conditionally.
>
> if you mean hide for other archs on solution would be to have normal rc
> variable and in gui code put something like
> #ifndef MACOSX
> chanegBindingCB.setVisible(false);
> #endif

That's exactly what I was looking for!
And regarding Stefan's observation that the prescription on the Wiki for a
plist item for this Qt attribute doesn't work: yes, without patching Qt I can
currently only see application-specific mechanisms for setting this "dontSwap"
attribute.
So if I put Pavel's suggestion in, would my checkbox patch be acceptable? As I
said, I'd be OK without GUI, but I don't really think it will hurt anyone to
have it in there, with the default being not to change the key mapping.

Jens