On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 11:53 PM, Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org> wrote:
>> I've tested the patch on Mac OS 10.6, current svn of LyX trunk, and
>> Qt-4.7. Cutting and pasting both from LyX to other programs and from
>> other programs to LyX works fine from what I can see.
>
> the most problematic cases of our copy&paste typically happen when
> middle button is used for getting, or puting stuff from/into another
> applications and when more lyx instances are used. dunno whether
> the patch affects these use cases... its very fragile stuff and i
> remeber having some hard debugging nights, thats why i fear to take
> responsibility for this patch :)

This patch shouldn't affect middle click, as it only caches the
clipboard status, not the "Primary Selection". Also, I have been using
the patch for months, use middle-click extensively, and haven't
noticed anything wrong. I think this patch has also been sitting in
Vincent's tree. I presume he hasn't noticed any regressions.

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted