The VCS load problem is (was) twofold: 1. the parser of the document needs the
VCS state so this state (checked by file_found_hook) had to be done earlier.
=>   first step, move it some lines up, above the readDocument() call.
Why does the parser need to know the state ? If the state changes, do we then
reparse the file too ?
Yes. The file is reloaded after VCS operations.

But I'm pretty sure it's not documented there either that if the status changes, that we need to reload the file because of InsetInfo depending on this ;).

We probably need to have some call in updateBuffer or something that will
update the InsetInfo's, and we call updateBuffer() probably somewhere after
file.
May be. My plan was to complete CVS backend implementation and the last changes
did disturb it seriously.

I'm sorry.

They where overdue but for my TODO list the worst time to happen. So, I where tempted to
make the "hot fixes".

I don't criticize your hot fixes. I'm happy you found and diagnosed the problem.

But I think you understand that if you're correcting my commits and the refactoring I did, I'm eager to check whether it was a stupid mistake I made, whether my design was wrong, or if there is a higher order problem.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just thinking aloud.
But you cannot test it easily? I'll test your proposal...

No, I'm in a conference. Not the ideal atmosphere to update, redesign, refactor, code, compile, test, mail, and commit. So I stick to the mailing part for now :D.

Vincent