Op 22-11-2010 1:44, Sebastian Guttenberg schreef:
On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 01:10 +0100, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
So, the only bug is that when LyX2.0 opens a LyX1.6.5 file, the
read-only flag is not set correctly?

This is the same problem as reported in bug
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/7035 and discussed in the following
thread
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg163371.html.

I will fix this.

Vincent
Thanks for the links and for taking care of this. Indeed, it's the same
bug and it's mainly about importing LyX1.x files into Lyx2.0.
But don't you also consider it a problem that lyx2.0 ignores if one
changes a lyx2.0 file to read-only while it is loaded?
The behavior of lyx1.6.5 is more consistent in such a case: One can
still modify the file (because also lyx1.6.5 doesn't immediately realize
that the permissions have changed), but when trying to save, it is
saying:

"The document ~/test.lyx could not be saved.
Do you want to rename the document and try again?
<Rename>  <Retry>  <Cancel>  "

This was changed to solve bug http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/6587.

Now we move the file to the backup file before saving the current file. So, we basically do not overwrite the original file, but we move away the original read-only file and write a new file.

Pavel ?

Vincent