On 11/22/2010 12:57 PM, Pavel Sanda wrote:
Enrico Forestieri wrote:
its fixed here now. Juergen this problem is also in branch.
I cannot reproduce this bug with any font (including DejaVu) on Linux,
Windows and Solaris, with or without this patch. I verified that the
ligatures are present at U+FB00-U+FB04, so it cannot be due to their
presence or absence (tested with Qt 4.6.3 and 4.7.0).
So, what triggers it?
only two things come to my mind -  some magical switch in Qt compilation
or fontconfig settings...

I've searched a bit and no, there's nothing like that, AFAICS.

we can try to make small poll around which people are able to reproduce,
so we get idea what can be the common denominator.

It essentially depends on the font. Not all fonts implement automatic ligature and within one font, some builds do others don't.

But as I said in trac, this is not a bug of Qt or freetype or the font. The issue is just that we use own own text engine and we compute metrics character by character in order to have correct cursor positioning. As we paint word by word the cursor is not painted at the correct position.

Abdel.