Peter Kümmel wrote:
> > 1) would be costly in terms of performance
>
> But aren't we in the times of "bored cores"? Technically it is

but the load _is_ not distributed for one lyx instance, so its
equal to the situation when you have one core. even stranger and
i have already written about it - even if we trigger thread
for eg latex compilation in background - this compilation
and lyx itself still runs on a single core and other are
idle (at leat on linux).

i dont know whether multithreading app must run on a single core
(because data are in the same address space?) or its shortcomming
of the implementaion we use.

pavel