Am 15.01.2011 um 00:20 schrieb Pavel Sanda:

> Stephan Witt wrote:
>>> Use case: When reading the Manual in a foreign language (maybe because
>>> there is no translation to ones mothertongue) a thesaurus can help to get
>>> the meaning of less common words.
>
> this is joke? :) why not use translator?

I wasn't my idea... and if the thesaurus is at hand, why not?
Where is the translator in LyX? :)

Seriously: if the thesaurus does not work correctly with read-only
documents the menu item should be disabled then. But since it contains
some logic for read-only documents already it clearly was not intended
to disable it's use completely for this use case. So I would fix it then.

Stephan