On 1/17/2011 11:27 AM, Stephan Witt wrote:
The conclusion is it will not work with batch files.
So one should avoid them consequently.
I suppose with python scripts we have no problems on windows...

Converters that use Python scripts are defined as "python script.py", just like for a batch file you could use "cmd script.bat".

Supporting "script.py" or "script.bat" without the name of the application would require the use of the registered file association which is a feature of the Windows shell. Otherwise there's no way to know which application to run. AFAIK it's not simple to implement this combined with the process control required for the multi-threading. The idea of the file association is that you ask the shell to open the file, not control the process yourself.

Joost