On 14.02.2011 21:37, Pavel Sanda wrote:
Peter Kümmel wrote:
In many dialogs I see descriptions abbreviated by "..."
and even when there is a horizontal scrollbar it is not
possible to see the whole text without resizing the
complete dialog.

The "..." could be suppressed by these two lines of code,
done here for the Module entry of the Document dialog:

modulesModule->availableLV->header()->setResizeMode(QHeaderView::ResizeToContents);
modulesModule->availableLV->header()->setStretchLastSection(false);

Should we suppress the dots also at other similar places?

key question - is it possible to make dialog "narrow" then?

Yes, instead of the points you have a horizontal scrollbar which
appears a bit earlier than before because the text is now longer.

Peter