Hellmut, this behavior is not a rule, right?
As a programmer I assure you: once things are correctly handled, everything
should be fine. Believe on me. :-)

And I repeat, it is just a guess for a name to the file, LyX won't impose
the filename.
An option to disable this feature is welcome (for those who dislikes).

If a guess for the filename wasn't necessary, why LyX doesn't leave the file
field blank instead of "newfile"?
The answer is: because this feature improves the software usability.

Just as an stupid example, suppose I create 10 new files, type something in
all of them and hit "Save all".
With this feature, I will be able to determine a good name for each file
(based on the first sentence, or anything else) without navigate to each
document.
I bet I can't do the same if "newfile" or "Untitled" was the result.

IMO, we need to improve the functionality of LyX, and not block good ideas.

---
Diego Queiroz