On 04/22/2011 05:24 PM, Edwin Leuven wrote:
Richard Heck<rgh...@comcast.net>  wrote:
I think I know what's happening here.
sounds reasonable indeed

We might somehow need to call updateBuffer()
on these new insets.
or find a way of calculating the width of the insettext before and
after the decimal separator without making a copy, chopping it into
two and doing a metrics call on each part...

don't know how drawing of selection works, but maybe we can set a
selection from the start of the inset to the decimal separator, do a
metrics call on the inset and back out the length of the selection

with the total width of the inset we should have the info to draw the
cells in the column properly aligned

Would it be possible temporarily to delete everything after the decimal, do the metrics on that, and then restore everything to its previous state?

I really don't know much about the metrics stuff.

Richard

ed.